Saturday and Sunday mornings my hubby is on breakfast duty. They’re my days to let him cook for me, and boy, do I take advantage of it. Its easy to do given he truly is the egg-master. Using the leftover Buffalo “Winged” Cauliflower that I made the night before, he makes a kicked up scramble of sorts that I often dream about. Trust me when I say that this will punch up your weekend mornings!
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tsp coconut (or olive) oil
- 1-1.5 tsp Crystal (or another Louisiana Style) hot sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 cups Buffalo Winged Cauliflower
- 2 slices American cheese*, torn into strips
- 1/3 cup whole black beans, drained (optional)
- 4 corn tortillas
*Please don’t use the plastic wrapped “singles” of American Cheese that you find in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. Trust me when I recommend going to the deli and having the person behind the counter slice you some fresh Boar’s Head or Land o’ Lakes American Cheese by the pound. The flavor, quality, and health difference will be noticed.
- Add hot sauce to eggs and beat to combine and incorporate some air. Stir in chives and set aside.
- Add oil to pan and place over medium high heat. Once hot, add in cauliflower and fry to crisp up.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Once it has cooled down, pour in the prepared eggs (& sprinkle with beans if you choose to have them) and allow to cook, untouched, for about a minute or until the edges look cooked. Then scramble it together. (This will keep the cauliflower from falling apart and turning to mush.)
- Lay the stripped cheese over top the mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with warmed tortillas